Under the provisions of the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981, most databases are required to be formally registered in the database registry. Among these, are databases that meet one of the following Conditions:
- The database contains data relating to more than 10,000 individuals.
- The database contains sensitive data (see: “What are the Definitions for Personal Data and Sensitive Data?”).
- The database contains data relating to individuals that was neither delivered by them or on their behalf, nor was it collected with their consent.
- The database belongs to a public body (as defined by the Law).
- The database is used to provide direct mailing services (see: “Are there Rules for Direct Marketing?”).